Tuesday, June 23, 2009

I am Home! let the healing begin


The surgery took 3.5 hours but was successful!!! I discovered that I have nerve damage in my left leg that more then likely has been there for awhile but I didn't know it because I didn't feel it. With the bypass and the improved blood flow, I can now feel the damage and it is starting to heal causing a great pain.

No one can tell me how long this new pain will last, but the medicine they have me on is helping. I have to walk with a walker and no driving for a month.

At this point in the healing process I would have to say that I am questioning myself for putting myself threw this crap. But, I bet in an other week of healing my feelings will change.

Hugs to you all, and thank you friends for your support
Penny

2 comments:

Pauline said...

Hey mate, glad to hear surgery went well..hope your leg finally is on road to recovery..sounds like it will take a while..but at least mending..take care of yourself
cheers
Wattie

romika said...

Gidday from Australia, qltyangel has been keeping me updated on your progress and please know that you have been in my thoughts. So glad to hear you are on the mend and that you are over the first hurdle. Look foward to seeing you in chat, hugs Robyn