Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The year is almost over

Where did it go? It sure has brought some life changes for the Streeter house hold.

Our son graduated college earning his second masters degree, this one was in education. In the same week, he was hired by a local school distract as a 3rd grade teacher. He loves his classroom and when he shares stories about his day, his face lights up with excitement. He seems to have finally found his calling. He re homed an older Cocker Spaniel named Hozoni, giving us a granddoggy. She is so darn cute, lol.

Our oldest daughter also graduate college earning her RNBSN, she had a name change and we gained a son in law. She started a new career at a local hospital Emergency Department and we now have a very furry grandkitty named Boo. It is so much fun watching these young adults live adult lives.

Our middle daughter graduated high school and was accepted to attend a local college. She is also earning her degree as an RNBSN. She became engaged to a very nice young man and the two are planning a long engagement. They both understand the importance of higher education and plan hold off marriage until they graduate college.

Our youngest daughter turned 16 this year. Holy cow! that was a shocker. I'm not sure I'm ready for her to grow up. You want to hold onto the youngest for as long as you can. LOL That won't work with this one. She has become very goal oriented and has excelled in school this year. She has started to explore career options and has investigated some colleges. I'm not sure how I will handle the whole "empty nest" thing, but I have 2 years before I find out. lol

Things were slow at Randy's plant this year. So, like many companies they had a huge layoff. But, he was spared and wasn't one of the over a hundred they let go. This is such a rural area that when the plants let workers go, it hits everyone hard.

I had vascular bypass done on my leg this year. They removed a vein from my right leg and transplanted it into my left leg. All I can say is Thank God for modern medicine. The surgery has changed my life! I still have limitation, but they are nothing like they were last year.

So, as you can see we have had a great year. As a family we can't wait to see what 2010 brings.
So, From our family to yours
We wish you all a happy and healthy New Year.
Penny

No comments: