Sunday, December 14, 2008

One done One more to go


Samantha's art teacher had hired me to make this quilt. She is giving it as a Christmas gift. It measures 63x75 and is made using homespun fabrics. The block pattern is something I came up with. I may have seen it in a book or magazine somewhere who knows. The blocks are 12 inch x 12 inch finished

There is a 6 inch x 12 inch vertical strip and six 2 inch horizontal strips sewn together. The art teacher designed the black medallion you see appliqued in the center of the quilt.
The same daughter made her boyfriend a Turning Twenty quilt and that is now on the frame waiting it's turn. When that is finished my Pinwheel and Posies quilt is getting pinned on. Thanks to Judy for letting me barrow her Grace frame and Janomie, I am getting a few things done around here lol
Penny

No comments: