Friday, January 9, 2009

Chilly day here in PA



Oh my, it was cold today. Now, they are calling for snow,6-7 inches is what we could get. Oh well, it's January in PA.




I did get some sewing done today. All the blocks for the calender quilt are done, now all I have to do is put the blocks together. The blocks were fun to make and I love the colors. But, the fabric requirements were a bit short, so I had to piece some strips together to get all the squares I needed. The only person who will ever know is me and I figure if it was good enough to do 100 years ago, it is good enough for me to do now.




I also finished putting all 12 of the Dogwood blocks in place. The applique parts are now glued to the background and waiting to be appliqued down. I hope to get them done tomorrow, then start sashing them together.




This afternoon was an M&M afternoon. I was felling a bit down, turned to a little Choc. to help. I only ate a few, and then handed the bag off to the girls to finish.
Hope you all are safe and warm.
Hugs to everyone
Penny

2 comments:

Deb said...

the dogwood makes me think of spring around the corner..It also reminds me that I have a UFO with hand applique dogwoods to finish that I forgot about!! Yikes!!
It looks absolutely lovely penny!! will you hand quilt this one?? all the white in those huge white petals would look lovely with some hand quilting.
Can't wait to see your calendar quilt together

Desiree said...

Wow! I have the SAME block a day calender and I'm trying to do the block each day and post it on my blog. Not happy about the tea cup quilt tho. Happy quilting!