Tuesday, January 27, 2009

The quilt of the Week

I pinned yet another quilt on the grace frame today. My "Baltimore Blues" applique quilt. Lastnight I was in chat talking about how to quilt it and a couple of friends suggested that I try the "McTavish" Quilting style. This style of quilting is named after it's developer Karen McTavish.
http://www.designerquilts.com/mctavish.html

I did some internet research, talked to a few longarm quilters and gave it a try. So, here is my attempt of her style of quilting. It may not be perfect, but I like how it looks and it's only on the boarder so far. Hopefully by the time I hit the blocks it may look better.




3 comments:

Kristie said...

I love that quilt! I started it several months ago, I think I have 3 blocks done on it! Love it!
Kristie

Andee said...

Nice job! I did the first BOM from these Baltimore Blues. Was one of my first attempts at applique. I didn't do any more because it is SO much work and I want to make faster progress but it was fun to try. Yours looks FABULOUS! Great job!

Deb said...

Penny your BBB is absolutely lovely and to have that many piles of quilt tops!! your tops have taken over. With you quilting them all we are in for a grand finale!!